Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sow and reap




Adam Smith, 37, was the CFO of a medical device manufacturer in Arizona. Then in 2012 he started protesting against Chick-Fil-A for the fast-food chain’s anti-gay stance.

He went through the drive-thru at his local Chick-Fil-A, where he ordered a free water, the fast food chain offers customers, and videotaped himself telling the drive-thru attendant how much he despised Chick-Fil-A.
“Chick-Fil-A is a hateful corporation,” Smith said, in part, to the drive-thru attendant. “I don’t know how you live with yourself and work here. I don’t understand it. This is a horrible corporation with horrible values. You deserve better.”
Smith then posted the video on his personal YouTube channel, but when he got back to work, he received a major shock. “I got into work and the receptionist said ‘Adam, what did you do?’ ... she said, ‘The voicemail is completely full, and it’s full of bomb threats."
Smith was fired that same day. He  was earning $200,000 annually and had over $1 million in stock options. “It was taken when I lost my employment,” he said.
After losing his job, Smith, his wife and their four children also lost their home. They were forced to sell and give away their possessions and move into an RV.

A few months later, Smith found a new CFO job in Portland, Oregon. It was the fresh start he needed. “I felt like, ‘Yeah, I got it. I am back,".
About two weeks later, Smith was fired from that job after his new boss discovered he was the guy from the Chick-Fil-A video. 

 ........   Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment