Thursday, February 20, 2020

Philly...



A former heroin addict who dresses like Jesus Christ and preaches in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was kicked out of a Roman Catholic cathedral and cited for trespassing.
Michael Grant, commonly known as “Philly Jesus,” was removed from an installation service for Archbishop Nelson Perez at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul on Tuesday.
Law enforcement removed Grant from the ceremony and he was eventually given a $25 citation for trespassing at the service and released from custody shortly after being detained.
“I said, ‘I’m a priest.’ He said, ‘You’re not a Roman Catholic priest.’ I’m a universal priest,” Grant told NBC's affiliate in Philadelphia. “I just kept standing my ground … I brought up my religious rights,” he added, explaining that police “dragged me out like head first through the double doors.”

No comments:

Post a Comment