Sunday, February 16, 2020

Likely...

Image result for corona virus in china town  cartoon


Fear of catching the coronavirus has some cabbies and ride-share drivers discriminating against customers due to fear of the unknown.
“I feel bad about it, but when I see Chinese passengers, I just go,” one cab driver —  told The Post. “I don’t pick up anyone Chinese. I’m scared. I don’t want to get the disease.”
“If I drop off somebody in Flushing [the Queens neighborhood with a Chinese population of some 70,000], I deactivate the app [and drive to another area],” an Uber driver told The Post. “I don’t know who has it . . . I worry for myself, my family and my passengers.”
Many Chinese and other habitual shoppers are avoiding the crowded areas of shopping and food markets in flushing and China town for fear of the unknown.

As of Friday evening, there were 15 confirmed cases of the virus in the US and none in New York State. The Centers for Disease Control warned this week that the spread of the disease in the US is “likely.”

No one said how many cases we would have if no precautions by any one are taking place.  Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment