Tuesday, August 20, 2019

For All...

Image result for Bernie sanders/Kamala Harris cartoon


Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., took a swipe at 2020 rival Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., going after his fellow senator for criticizing his "Medicare-for-all" plan while courting wealthy donors.

Harris had gone to the Hamptons over the weekend, where she told attendees at a campaign event that she has “not been comfortable” with Sanders' health care plan, even though she initially co-sponsored it.  

“I don't go to the Hamptons to raise money from billionaires,” Sanders tweeted. “If I ever visited there, I would tell them the same thing I have said for the last 30 years: We must pass a 'Medicare-for-all' system to guarantee affordable health care for all, not just for those who can afford it.”
Despite her previous support for Sanders’ plan, Harris now endorses having a private option for those who wish to continue with their current insurance plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment