Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Leave...

Image result for Nursing  a child painting

Stephanie Buchanan and Mary Davis were in the kiddie pool with their children at the Aquatic Center in Mora, Minneapolis. When the two ladies started nursing their kids.
A pool employee asked them to cover up or move to the locker room. They refused and decided to leave the pool. 
That's when a police officer approached them. Minnesota state law protects me to feed my baby anywhere that I need to,'" Buchanan says. "He said, 'I understand, and I let the establishment know, but they reserve the right to ask you to leave.'"
Dozens of fellow moms showed up in Mora over the weekend and nursed their children outside the pool. The outpouring of support online, and at the so-called nurse-in protest, encourages their efforts to advocate for breastfeeding moms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment