Friday, April 8, 2022

Work..

A palliative nurse who has counselled the dying in their last days has revealed the most common regrets we have at the end of our lives. And among the top, from men in particular, is 'I wish I hadn't worked so hard'.

Bronnie Ware is an Australian nurse who spent several years working in palliative care, 

   I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

  I wish I hadn't worked so hard.  

"This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children's youth and their partner's companionship. 

Women also spoke of this regret, but as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence. 

Just a "Workaholic" Thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment