Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Barber...

Why Georgia Is Reopening Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic - The Atlantic

Manke has reopened his barbershop in violation of Governor Gretchen Whitmer's executive order shutting down all non-essential businesses amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

The business owner first opened his shop last Monday because he said he could no longer survive without making an income. He also felt as if the social distancing afforded by his shop's barber chairs and his use of face masks and hand sanitizer made the shop safe enough to operate without potentially spreading the COVID-19.
"When the Governor said we're going to have another 28 days (of being shut down), it knocked me to my knees. I couldn't take another 28 days. I had to get back to work," Manke said during a press conference in front of his barbershop on Monday. 
I have decided within my authority that our office cannot and will not divert our primary resources and efforts towards enforcement of Governor Whitmer's executive orders," Shiawassee County Sheriff Brian BeGole wrote.
No worker is unessential after two month of shutting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment