Monday, February 22, 2021

Move...

 


Singer Stevie Wonder is moving to Ghana.

The iconic, award-winning performer spoke to Oprah Winfrey in an interview explaining his decision, citing the political turmoil in the United States.

"I wanna see this nation smile again. And I want to see it before I leave to travel to move to Ghana because I'm going to do that.

Winfrey asked, "You're going to permanently move to Ghana?"

"I am," replied the singer." I don't want to see my children's children's children have to say, 'Oh please like me. Please respect me, please know that I am important, please value me.' What is that?"

This isn't the first time he has said he was considering moving to Ghana. In 1994, he said he felt there was "more of a sense of community" than in the US.

This has nothing to do with the presidency, or may be. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment