Friday, September 26, 2014

Cosmetic-2...










Plastic surgery in South Korea has become so successful that some overseas patients are struggling to get through passport control on their way home after the operations




America is a country obsessed with plastic surgery. Americans dished out an estimated $12 billion on cosmetic enhancements last year alone.

Seoul, South Korea is a foreign city where plastic surgery is even more extreme than here in the U.S.     Roughly 7.5 million people have traveled to this plastic surgery mecca to get work done, where there is an entire district filled with plastic surgery clinics.
A staggering one in five South Korean women has had cosmetic work done, compared to about one in 20 American women.
Jessica, a 33-year-old property manager for a real estate company 6,000 miles away in Los Angeles, flew to Seoul to undergo her own plastic surgery overhaul.
“I just always feel like my eyes were never big enough. I used to even get made fun of when I was little for having ‘Asian eyes,’” Jessica said. “I think the results will be better in Korea because they know the Asian face better.”
“In high school, my first procedure was getting this double eyelid crease put in, and it made my eyes so much bigger. I remember how exciting that was,” she said. “Just recently, I had my nose done by a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, sort of a plastic surgeon to the stars ... but it’s still not what I’m looking for.

It is very hard to realize that you can't live your life as you... but you feel the desperate need to continue changing your features.  Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment